Sun, Apr 18|
Falls Creek Falls State Park
SUNDAY-Waterfall Hike to Falls Creek Falls
Discover the beauty of Tennessee’s most majestic waterfalls.
Time & Location
Apr 18, 2021, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Falls Creek Falls State Park, 10821 Park Rd, Pikeville, TN 37367
About the event
What you'll do
We will be visiting Fall Creek Falls State Park, about 2 hours from Nashville. The park is home to multiple waterfalls, beautiful gorges with awe-inspiring Scenic overlooks. The main attraction and biggest waterfall, Fall Creek Falls, cascades down 256 feet and is one of the tallest single vertical drop fall east of the Rocky Mountains. We will cross a swinging bridge and experience 5 waterfalls (depending on their flow) in about 3 miles of hiking.
- Guided 3 mile hike
- Guided meditation
- Hiking poles to share
- First aid and insect repellent
Where we'll meet at park
Betty Dunn Nature Center at Falls Creek Falls State Park
10821 Park Rd, Pikeville, TN 37367
Park meeting time:10:00
What to bring
- Wear sturdy closed toe shoes with good thread.
- Extra set of clothes in case you wet from spray of waterfall.
- Small backpack to carry items
Things to keep in mind
- This hike is considered strenuous due to elevation changes.
- This hiking experience will last 2.5 hours, exluding drive time
- This park is located about 2 hours from Nashville